Oct 14, 2011

GROUNDS FOR SCULPTURE

Grounds for Sculpture http://www.groundsforsculpture.org/visit_us.html sits in the middle of an industrial area in Hamilton, New Jersey, mid-way between New York City and Philadelphia. It is absolutely amazing place. They have beautiful sculptures, nice staff, the most amazing water lilies and random peacocks roaming around.
I recommend after you park your car, go to the information center and get the $1 map because most of the sculptures are off the path, so you need to look for them; you will see statues in the most random places, like by the lake they have a man fishing, and on this path that leads into trees there's a sculpture recreating Manet's picnic picture... Along the pathways, there are covered boxes with poems inside. 
There are always art, music, and poetry events (for children and adults) throughout the season.

If the sculpture "Generalissimus" is still on display, go around , find the narrow slot on the back and take a look inside the sculpture... 

Grounds For Sculpture open Tue-Sun 10-6, admission fee is  $12.00 for adults, and $10.00 for Seniors (65+). 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liliya,
    I hope I'm doing this correctly. You have inspired me to create my own blog. I truly appreciate the fact that you share this blog with me. You have some wonderful ideas about places to visit. Great Job!

    Mirlene

    ReplyDelete